I remember taking you out for your first birthday breakfast as if it was just last week! It's hard to believe how quickly another year has gone by - time is flyin'!
You have really grown up over the last few weeks. You and Andrew both do that around your birthdays so I guess I should've been ready for it. You're interacting more with your friends at school, you sleep in your bed as if it's something you've always done, you can jump, and you've got a few new words. Basically, you're turning into a two year old.You still love your brother and he loves you right back. Now that you can play a little more, you guys are spending more time together and seem to have the most fun outside. Speaking of playing, you still seem to love balls the best - especially small ones that you can hold in your hand and carry with you. You also still love to swing, you've picked up a little climbing and you like slides now. You love to color, and just recently (since your birthday party) you've seemed to really like a couple cars you got from the movie Cars. It has nothing to do with the movie though because you still don't seem to care about TV at all.
I can tell all your teachers like you, both at school and at church. They always smile when they see you and always have a cute little story for me when I pick you up. Your teacher at school said they've decided you're going to be the captain of the football team and voted valedictorian. I'm not sure how they decided on that, but I thought it was pretty cute of them. A couple of the teachers have also started calling you Mace. It seems weird that someone else has decided it's okay to give you a nickname, but I kind of like it. Andrew said he just 'loves Mason too much' so he plans to still call you Mason. : )
It makes me happy that you're a happy kid (although if you're tired or hungry and you don't get your way, you do tend to cry. for a really long time). You love to laugh, your nice, and you're independent! You love doing things for yourself - it's great, but I sure do wish you'd let me help you sometimes. After all, you're only two, you know!
Tuesday, June 28, 2011
two years
Thanks for making me smile everyday. I love you! Your mom.
Posted by Lori at 2:35 PM
