I love this year so far! You told me that you've always thought it would be cool to have a parent that was a teacher and now it's happening! I'm positive I'm way more excited about it than you are, but it's still fun for me that you like my new job. : ) You're always up for helping, but you're especially up for helping me get my classroom ready. I think 14 will be alright.
For the record books... I'm still taller than you. Although I don't think it's going to last much longer. Will you pass me before you're 15? My prediction is yes.
You seem to have found a group of friends that will be your high school friends. It's awesome because having people you have a good time with is *almost the most important part of high school. Grades are kind of a thing you'll have to pay attention to now, but I think you'll do great. Did I mention you're starting high school? And next year you get to start driving (which you may have mentioned a time or two already). You're talking about getting a truck and Grandpa Mel said he thinks that'll be a good choice for you. Good luck with that one.
As long as you keep making good choices, I guess I'm okay with you growing up.
Love you!


